The Pursgloves of Camden - [CMDN]


Camden Town was built on the Manor of Kentish Town, established as development land by the 1st Earl Camden, Charles Pratt.  The first leases for building were granted in the 1790's.

In 1816, the Regents Canal was built, leading to business development in the area.  The Camden Market was established in 1973 and this part of London relies heavily on shop sales and tourism.

St Michael's Church is shown.  Holy Trinity and St Martins are also active parish churches around Kentish Town.


Walter Pursglove [146] married Grace Elizabeth Twigg on 31 July 1875 at St Martins, Kentish Town, Camden
  Fathers:  Robert Pursglove and Joseph Twigg
  Witnesses: Joseph Pursglove

 

Back

Page Updated 27/09/2014