The Pursgloves of Hammersmith - [HAMR]


Modern Hammersmith was established from 1660 when St Paul's church was built to serve an expanding London population.  Brick making and light  industry were replacing the rural agricultural economy and housing was being extensively developed in the 18th century.  There is a local bridge across the Thames and major routes running into and out of London.


Walter Pursglove [146] married Grace Elizabeth Twigg on 31 July 1875 at St Martins, Kentish Town, Camden

1884 Marriage solomnized at St Peter's Chapel in the Parish of Hammersmith in the County of Middlesex

120 September
15
1884
Edward Francis Pursglove 26 Bachelor Dock Labourer Festin's Arms, King St. William Pursglove Farmer
Sarah Catherine Coleman 24 Spinster - Festin's Arms, King St. William Coleman Docker
  Edward Francis Pursglove
Sarah Catherine Coleman
Witness:  William Brown X his mark
               Esther Brown X her mark

 

1901 Census: 81 Corringham Road, Hammersmith, London. (RG13, 40, 12, 15, 96)
Walter Pursglove, head, m, 53, Drapers assistant worker, Born Derby, Ashford.
Grace E. Pursglove, wife, m, 51, Born Derby, Ashford.
  Walter and Grace moved here from Paddington

 

Back

Page Updated 27/02/2014