The Pursglove of Ault Hucknall - [AHUC]

The name of Ault Hucknall is derived from the Old English for "Hucca's nook of land" .  It was a hamlet with which developed with the building of the church of St. John the Baptist.  This small village now lies within the Bolsover District of Derbyshire.

During the Middle Ages, this was a thriving village, but following the Black Death, it diminished in size and importance.

 

Ann Pursglove [938] married Paul Cartledge on 27/5/1740

 

Back

Page Updated 16/01/2014