Pursgloves of Crich - [CRCH]

The charter of 1009 AD was signed by King Æthelred the Unready.  This is the first record of the village of Crich.  The Church of St. Mary is Norman, with  a major 14th Century restoration.

Limestone quarries have been a mainstay industry of this area since Roman times.  The stone was mainly used in the lime kilns and iron industry, some being used for building stone.

Crich is the home of the Tramway Museum, making it a tourist hot-spot for enthusiasts and hikers alike.


William Pursglove [1059] of South Wingfield married Ellen Fidler on 27/1/1762

Ann Pursglove [447] married Adam Young on 27/10/1783

Jane Pursglove [449] married John Fritchley on 11/11/1802




Page Updated 16/11/2013