The Pursgloves of Hassop - [HASS]


Hassop is a small village in Derbyshire, between Baslow and Rowland, just north of Great Longston.  Hassop Hall was built by the Eyre family of Padley.  The Roman Catholic Church of All Saints was built in 1816 for family.

The village developed alongside a number of lead mines in the mid 19th Century

 

Records of the Earl of Newburgh Estate 1831.  Accounts
 5 Nov 1831 - Joseph Pursglove. - for the use of the ass   0  15/-  6d.

 

Back

Page Updated 17/11/2013