The Pursgloves of Parwich - [PARW]
Recorded as Pevrewic in 1086, this village was built on land owned by the king since 966 AD, becoming part of the Duchy of Lancaster. The village is named after the stream around which it was built. This is an agricultural community which was probably rooted in a Bronze Age settlement.
St Peters church was established in Norman times, though it only became a parish church in 1650. The present church was built in 1873, retaining a few of the original Norman structures.
Henry Pursglove 
of Youlgreave married Martha Smedley on 16/12/1806
Witnessed by Henry Pursglove of Purwich
Ann Pursglove, daughter of Henry and Martha, bapt. 18/1/1807
Henry and Martha lived at Middleton by Youlgreave
Henry Pursglove, son of Henry  and Sarah, bapt. 2/7/1849
Page Updated 18/11/2013