The Pursgloves of Staveley - [STAV]

On the River Rother and the River Doe Lea, Staveley was developed as a mining town.  The main coal mines were  Aston Colliery (Staveley North Pit, 1864-1932), Ireland Colliery (New Colliery, 1874-1985) and Staveley West Colliery (Inkersall Pit, 1920-1989).  Several smaller operations were also employers in the village.

Staveley Works Foundary and Staveley Chemical Works were the main employers outside of the Mines.

Mary Pursglove [1130] married Thomas Drabble on 28/6/1756
Thomas came from North Wingfield and this wedding was recorded as 1 March 1756.  The register name reads Mary Parslove.



Page Updated 20/11/2013