The Pursgloves of Teversal - [TEVS]

Close to the source of the River Meden, the village grew as an agricultural community.

St Katherines church is a 12th century building which was refurbished in the 17th and 18th centuries.  The church of St. Mary was also in the parish around 1750, but that church is not standing now.

Teversal Colliery operated from 1862 to 1980 to work the Top Hard coal seam.  Mining had previously been shallow pit quarries.


 Mary Pursglove [1136] married Job Allen of Ashover on 2/10/1753
The marriage was at St Marys Church, Teversall.  Mary was a spinster of 25 years and Job was a butcher aged 30.



Page Updated 20/11/2013