The Pursgloves of Youlgreave - [YOUL]
The village lies on the River Bradford, South of Bakewell near the confluence of the rivers of Lathkill Dale and Bradford Dale. The village name is thought to be derived from the name of the yellow ore mined locally, called "Yellow Grove". In the past, many locals referred to the village as "Pommie".
The church of All Saints at Youlgreave is one of the largest in the peaks, serving the villages of Birchover, Elton, Gratton, Middleton by Youlgrave, Stanton, and Winster. This was a mining area and lead mining was one of the key industries.
Henry Pursglove 
of Youlgreave married Martha Smedley at
Parwich on 16/12/1806
Witnessed by Henry Pursglove of Purwich
Ann Pursglove, daughter of Henry and Martha, bapt. 18/1/1807
Henry and Martha lived at Middleton by Youlgreave
Ann Pursglove  married James Shemwell on 3/12/1829
Monumental Inscriptions - Youlgreave All Saints.
Mary, wife of Frank Pursglove
Ann, wife of William Pursglove
Joseph Ronald Pursglove
Henry Pursglove of Middleton
Page Updated 20/11/2013