The Pursgloves of Warsop - [WARS]
Warsop is a name derived from the Old Saxon - "Waer's valley" - dating back to the 7th Century AD. This was at that time, a purely agricultural community living beside the River Meden.
The Norman church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul serves the Town of Warsop and the villages of Market Warsop, Church Warsop, Warsop Vale, Meden Vale (previously Welbeck Colliery Village) and Spion Cop. The village of Sookholme was also administered from Warsop prior to 1866.
Warsop was given market town status in 1379 and a market charter was issued in 1399 by Henry IV.
John William Pursglove
(1892-1944) married Mary Peat (1895-?)
John (Jack) Pursglove
Winifred Pursglove (1914-1976)
Elsie Pursglove - Married Clarence Eaton
Phyllis Pursglove - (1916-2010) obituary
Harold Pursglove (1922-1984), Married Joyce Tolson
Page Updated 2/10/2016