The Pursgloves of Hailsham - [HAIL]
Settlements in this area go back to Roman times. This was a key trading town in the area and it was given a market charter in 1252 by Henry III. The trade was primarily a livestock market for the region and Hailsham has developed as a market town of some importance. This is also the headquarters of the Wealden District Council and a key player in the regional economy.
There was a church in Hailsham in 1229. The present church is on the same site and is dedicated the St Mary the Virgin.
Albert (Alfred) Thomas Pursglove  married Orpha Dann June Quarter 1857
Alfred and Orpha moved to Herstmonceaux
Marsh Foot, Hailsham, Sussex (RG10, 104, 77, 6, 31)
Albert Pursglove, Head, Married, 39, Labourer, born Hurstmonceux, Sussex
Orpha Pursglove, Wife, Married, 36, born Hurstmonceux, Sussex
Albert Pursglove, Son, Unmarried, 13, born Hurstmonceux, Sussex
Mary Pursglove, Daughter, 13, born Hurstmonceux, Sussex
Ann Pursglove, Daughter, 10, born Hurstmonceux, Sussex
Ellen Pursglove, Daughter, 7, born Hurstmonceux, Sussex
Isabella Pursglove, Daughter, 5, born Hurstmonceux, Sussex
Emily Pursglove, Daughter, 1, born Hailsham, Sussex
Page Updated 24/02/2014