The Pursgloves of Aberford - [ABER]
Aberford is a large village on the outskirts of Leeds. It sits on the route of the Great North Road (now the A1). The name is thought to be associated with a river crossing at the confluence of the River Crow and Cock Beck. The village has developed into a linear settlement along the main road.
The parish church is dedicated to St Ricarius. Nearby is the Parlington estate which was used by the Military during both the first and second world wars.
Mary Pursglove or Hole, daughter of Daniel Pursglove  and Elizabeth Hole, baptised 17/6/1625
Daniel Pursglove  married Elizabeth Hole of Leeds on 27/7/1625
Page updated 24/11/2013