The Pursgloves of Fylingdales - [FYLS]
Figelinge was a small village in the 11th century and the local parish includes the settlements at Thorpe, Fylingthorpe and Robin Hood's Bay. St Stephen's church was built in 1821, on the site of an old Saxon chapel.
Fylingdales Flying Club, which became RAF Fylingdales, moved out of the village onto the Moors. It is a long way from its original village site, but retains the Fylingdales name.
Hannah Pursglove, daughter of William , baptised 20/9/1741
Sabel Pursglove, daughter of William, baptised 11/8/1745
Elizabeth Pursglove, daughter of William, baptised 19/6/1748
Jane Parsglove  married John Barry on 20/10/1748
Sarah Purslow  married John Estill on 23/1/1763
Elizabeth Purslove  married Thomas Hill on 19/11/1766
Dinah Pursglove  married William Eskdale on 30/6/1776
Page updated 24/11/2013