The Pursgloves of Huddersfield - [HUDD]
Oderesfelt was the site of an Iron Age hill fort and there has also been a Roman fort at this settlement. The town has developed around the confluence of the River Colne and the River Holme and has been a Market Town since Saxon times.
A Norman parish church was built from 1090. This church had an almost complete rebuild in 1830. The church is dedicated to St Peter.
The local economy was based on agriculture and artisan weaving. The industrial revolution turned this into a Mill Town with wool and cotton weaving. Textiles, chemicals and engineering industries all developed around the Mills.
Raymond Pursglove  married Frances ? (c.1931)
John Pursglove (b.1948) married June Wilson
Alan Pursglove (b.1950) married Veronica ?
John moved to Suffolk in 1995
Alan moved to Sydney, Australia
Page updated 24/11/2013