The Pursgloves of Marske in Cleaveland - [MSKC]
Mersc is an ancient term for Marshy Land. Marske-by-the-Sea is a village positioned half way between Redcar and Saltburn. New Marske, Longbeck and St Germains are all within the parish. St Germains church was consecrated in 1042 AD and is now a ruin. St Marks is the current parish church.
The local economy was fishing based, with cobbles sailing from the beach. During the First World War, there was a RFC aerodrome in use until April 1918. This was later used in the Second World War and closed after the war. It is now built up.
Edward Purseglove  married Elena Airsom on 14/2/1605
Elizabeth Purslove  married William Clifton on 30/8/1655
Page updated 24/11/2013